A few important things to know here:
1) I charge by the project (*unless we’re a good fit for an ongoing retainer).
Why? Hourly rates shift the focus to, well, hours — when we should be focusing on value. Charging by the hour incentivizes you to want the freelancer to work faster, and for the freelancer to take as long as they can to maximize their payout.
In the end, nobody wins.
Quoted per project, you know where precisely every dime you’re spending is going before we even start.
2) To get an idea, check out the pricing options below. For custom work, most of my projects have a wide range from around $2,500 to $10,000+. Share your budget with me in the form, and I can give you an estimate that respects your company’s resources while maximizing your ROI.
Important to note: for new clients, I have a $5,000 project minimum.
*Long-term retainers will be structured differently than flat-fee projects. If that’s the case, let me know in the form and I’ll address it when we talk.
1) One Asset - $1,500
For folks looking to add one high-converting marketing asset to their funnel. Need just one web page, landing page, case study, ad set or email campaign? This is the option for you. Whichever one you need, I'll bury my head in writing and research until you have an asset that's fully optimized.
2) One Campaign - $2,500
For folks looking to focus on building out a marketing campaign and measuring the results. One email campaign + one landing page + Funnelytics Map.
3) Custom, Larger-Scope Copy Work - let me know in the form above
For folks looking to go through the full, comprehensive conversion-copywriting process. If you want me to analyze the full breadth of customer feedback you have, conduct interviews with your customers and sales team, review chat logs, and optimize every touch point for conversions, this is the best fit for you.
The short answer: ballpark of ~3-5 weeks.
The long answer: it depends. Once we nail down the project scope and list of deliverables, I can get you a more accurate time estimate that works for both of us.
Full disclosure, my calendar is usually full, and I’ll rarely be available tomorrow. You should be wary of the copywriters who can start immediately. They’re usually the ones who aren’t good, and therefore can’t fill their schedules.
I’ve had this come up a few times and I can see why this might make sense for a client. So I’ll address it before we even speak.
Nobody, including me, can guarantee conversions.
There are simply too many variables that I can’t control. Your design team might go against my advice and jam my copy into a premade template that sucks. You might not have a deep enough product market fit. You might “tweak” my copy in ways that you think are small, but make a difference in the minds of customers. Your sales team, if you have one, might scare customers away.
But here’s what I do guarantee:
- A deeper, more objective understanding of your customers and competitors, and deliverables to capitalize on that understanding.
- Significantly less guesswork when it comes to marketing and sales conversations.
- Messaging that you can be confident will make your website a slippery slope for customers looking to buy your software.