A few important things to know here:
1) I charge by the project.
Why? Hourly rates shift the focus to, well, hours — when we should be focusing on value. Charging by the hour incentivizes you to want the freelancer to work faster, and for the freelancer to take as long as they can to maximize their payout.
In the end, nobody wins.
Quoted per project, you know every dime you’re spending before we even start.
2) To get an idea, check out the pricing options below. For custom work, most of my projects have a wide range from $5,000 to $15,000+. Share your budget with me in the form, and I can give you an estimate that respects your company’s resources while maximizing your ROI.
Important to note: for new clients, I have a $5,000 project minimum.
1) 1-on-1 copy consulting- $150/hour
This option is ideal if you already have copy game and a team to execute. But you need a trusted resource to can go to with specific questions.
How it works: We'll hop on Zoom and I'll answer your questions and provide high-level messaging and positioning strategy.
Instead of you Googling copy strategies meant to please the masses, you'll plug into a brain that's spent years as a professional B2B SaaS copywriter. With dozens of VC-backed and profitable self-funded clients and hundreds of campaigns.
I'll share copy templates and frameworks your team can actually put to use.
Does not include production work (i.e. writing your page).
Here's the link to schedule a consulting call.
2) The Heuristic Website Copy Audit- $797
This option is ideal if you need actionable feedback FAST.
Here's how it works: I'll review 3-4 core pages of your website for conversion issues and face-palmingly *duh* improvement opportunities.
- Video teardown (45 mins)
- A shortlist of written recommendations
- One-on-one call (60 mins) to discuss
Contact for details.
3) Full Copywriting Project - starting from $5,000
Ideal if you want full funnels, messaging & positioning strategy, hands-on research and deliverables written by me.
For a full, start-to-finish description of the copywriting process, go here.
Once the 5-week research process is complete, here are the types of deliverables you can expect me to write for you:
- Case study ($2,150 for interview, transcription and writing to final draft)
- Website copy ($1,950 per page)
- Email copy ($1,950 per sequence)
- Landing pages ($1,950 per page)
Pricing starts at $5,000 - contact for details.
The short answer: ballpark of ~4-6 weeks.
The long answer: it depends. Once we nail down the project scope and list of deliverables, I can get you a more accurate time estimate that works for both of us.
Full disclosure, my calendar is usually full, and I’ll rarely be available tomorrow. You should be wary of the copywriters who can start immediately. They’re usually the ones who aren’t good, and therefore can’t fill their schedules.
I’ve had this come up a few times and I can see why this might make sense for a client. So I’ll address it before we even speak.
Nobody, including me, can guarantee conversions.
There are simply too many variables that I can’t control. Your design team might go against my advice and jam my copy into a premade template that sucks. You might not have a deep enough product market fit. You might “tweak” my copy in ways that you think are small, but make a difference in the minds of customers. Your sales team, if you have one, might scare customers away.
But here’s what I do guarantee:
- A deeper, more objective understanding of your customers and competitors, and deliverables to capitalize on that understanding.
- Significantly less guesswork when it comes to marketing and sales conversations.
- Messaging that you can be confident will make your website a slippery slope for customers looking to buy your software.